Perfect short weekend gateway Safari from Dar es Salaam, ideal for travelers who have limited days and budget for safari. Mikumi is accessible throughout the year.
The park has a wide variety of wildlife that can be easily spotted and also well acclimatized to game viewing. Its proximity to Dar es Salaam and the amount of wildlife that live within its borders makes Mikumi National Park a popular option for weekend visitors from the city, or for business visitors who don’t have to spend a long time on an extended safari itinerary.
Most visitors come to Mikumi National Park aiming to spot the ‘Big Five’ (cheetah, lion, elephant, buffalo, and rhino), and they are always not disappointed. Hippo pools provide close access to the mud-loving beasts, and bird-watching along the waterways is particularly rewarding.
The open horizons and abundant wildlife of the Mkata Floodplain, the popular centerpiece of Mikumi, draw frequent comparisons to the more famous Serengeti Plains
Lions survey their grassy kingdom – and the zebra, wildebeest, impala, and buffalo herds that migrate across it – from the flattened tops of termite mounds, or sometimes during the rains, from perches high in the trees. Giraffes forage in the isolated acacia stands that fringe the Mkata River, islets of shade favoured also by Mikumi’s elephants.
Mikumi’s landscape provides a serene wildlife experience, commonly seen animals Elephant, Giraffe, Zebra, Antelope, Wildebeest, Eland, Crocodile, Hippo, Baboon. If luck is in your favor, you won’t miss seeing Lions & ultimately the Leopard. Mikumi inhabits over 300 species of birds namely saddlebill stork, hammer kop, malachite kingfisher, lilac-breasted roller, yellow-throated longclaw, battler eagle, etc.
Don’t miss to visit Hippo Pool, where you can watch hippos wallowing and snorting at close range.
Day 1: Dar es salaam to Mikumi- 6 hrs drive
Meet & greet in Dar es Salaam at 07:30 am Hours and drive with lunch box to Mikumi National Park. Late afternoon game drives with sunset view & watch the animal’s drinking water at the hippo pool. Overnight at Tanapa Cottage / Mikumi Wildlife Camp on FB Basis (Lunch & Dinner).
Day 2: Mikumi to Dar es Salaam – 6 hrs drive
After breakfast at 07:30 am, short morning game drive till 11:00 am Hours & drive back to Dar with lunch box and dropped off to Airport / Seaport / Hotel (Breakfast & Lunch inclusive).
- Accommodation in Dar es Salaam can be arranged upon request.
- This trip can be extended to the beach excursions to Mafia Island, Pemba, Kilwa, and Zanzibar.
TERM AND CONDITIONS
For bigger group 6+: Special rate applicable
Accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking
Single room supplement: If required, contact us
- All Park Entrances as mentioned in the itinerary
- Complimentary to/from Julius Nyerere International Airport to Dar es Salaam
- All Game Drives as mentioned in the itinerary
- Professional English speaking driver-guide
- Guide and Driver allowances
- Accommodation on a sharing basis
- Value Added Tax (VAT) currently at 18%
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Bottled water in the vehicle while on safari
- 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser with pop up roof and fitted with 2-way high-frequency radio communicating system
- Items of personal nature such as laundry, fax, telephone, bank charges, etc.
- Accommodation in Dar es Salaam
- Beverages both alcohol and non-alcohol
- Tips/gratuities for driver or hotel staff
- Airfare Domestic/International
- Airport Departure Taxes
- Medical Evacuation Insurance
- Travel Insurance including damage or loss of luggage and/or personal injury
- Extra cost incurred if changes in date, reduction in the number of persons or deviation from the above itinerary, and any other item that is not mentioned in the itinerary and cost included.