1 Day Trip in Mikumi National Park
A day trip to the Mikumi park tour will allow you to visit this park which is close to the city of Dar es Salaam and Morogoro. It will give you a chance to see Wild animals in their natural habitat, as well as to escape from crowded cities. In order to be in this park early, we advise our guests to start very early.
The park has a wide variety of wildlife that can be easily spotted and also well acclimatized to game viewing. Its proximity to Dar es Salaam and the amount of wildlife that live within its borders makes Mikumi National Park a popular option for weekend visitors from the city, or for business visitors who don’t have to spend a long time on an extended safari itinerary.
Most visitors come to Mikumi National Park aiming to spot the ‘Big Five’ (cheetah, lion, elephant, buffalo, and rhino), and they are always not disappointed. Hippo pools provide close access to the mud-loving beasts, and bird-watching along the waterways is particularly rewarding.
The open horizons and abundant wildlife of the Mkata Floodplain, the popular centerpiece of Mikumi, draw frequent comparisons to the more famous Serengeti Plains.
Lions survey their grassy kingdom – and the zebra, wildebeest, impala, and buffalo herds that migrate across it – from the flattened tops of termite mounds, or sometimes during the rains, from perches high in the trees. Giraffes forage in the isolated acacia stands that fringe the Mkata River, islets of shade favoured also by Mikumi’s elephants.
We can always arrange a multitude of requests to make your safari experience more enjoyable.
- All Park Entrances as mentioned in the itinerary
- Complimentary to/from Julius Nyerere International Airport to Dar es Salaam
- All Game Drives as mentioned in the itinerary
- Professional English speaking driver-guide
- Value Added Tax (VAT) currently at 18%
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Bottled water in the vehicle while on safari
- 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser with pop up roof and fitted with 2-way high-frequency radio communicating system
- Items of personal nature such as laundry, fax, telephone, bank charges, etc.
- Accommodation in Dar es Salaam
- Beverages both alcohol and non-alcohol
- Tips/gratuities for driver or hotel staff
- Airfare Domestic/International
- Airport Departure Taxes
- Medical Evacuation Insurance
- Travel Insurance including damage or loss of luggage and/or personal injury
- Extra cost incurred if changes in date, reduction in the number of persons or deviation from the above itinerary and any other item that is not mentioned in the itinerary and cost included.